The SLYRS Bavarian Whisky Distillery lives up to its reputation once again Whisky-Pioneer and won the German award at this year's Meininger's International Spirits Award Whisky of the year 2023 and a total of five times gold!
We proudly present our winners at the Meiningers International Spirits Award 2023! With a total of 5 times gold, both our finish range and the SLYRS Single Malt Whisky Fifty One fully convinced the jury. We are particularly pleased about the award for our SLYRS Single Malt Whisky Rum Cask Finish as a German Whisky of the year 2023!
The winners at a glance:
- SLYRS Single Malt Whisky Rum cask finish: German Whisky of the year 2023 + gold
- SLYRS Single Malt Whisky Pedro Ximenez Cask Finish:Gold
- SLYRS Single Malt Whisky Port cask finish:Gold
- SLYRS Single Malt Whisky Amontillado Cask Finish:Gold
- SLYRS Single Malt Whisky fifty one:Gold
That's what the jury says about him SLYRS Single Malt Whisky Rum Cask Finish:
"The Germans Whisky-Pioneers from Schliersee show once again why they play in the top league. After aging in American white oak casks for more than five years, the characteristic single malt is allowed to enjoy a finish in casks that previously housed rum from the Caribbean – including Rhum Agricole. The mild Bavarian barley harmonises perfectly with the fruit bouquet and the hints of chamomile and beeswax that bring the finish." (Source: www.meininger.de)